Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Impossible Dream

Theater has always been apart of my life in fact I don't remember a time when I wasn't singing some kind of show tune. Whether it was GT and the Halo Express or Les Miserable I have been inspired by music from the theater. I wanted to share one song that lately has been stuck in my head and pushing forward. It's not a Christian song but I can't help finding the correlation to my walk with Lord and what He calls all of us to do in this life, share the Gospel and love. A quest that is challenging, difficult and at times seems impossible. I use to encourage my students and student leaders to dream big because God can do what seems impossible. Below are the lyrics to "The Impossible Dream" from the quirky play "Man Of La Mancha" and a link to hear the music. Enjoy

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are to weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest 
To follow that star
No mater how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right 
Without question or pause 
To be willing to march into hell 
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true 
To this glorious quest 
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to rest

And the world will be better for this 
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go


1 comment:

Jules said...

God calls us to do what we could never do on our own!
Love Mom K.