Thursday, January 29, 2009

Moms Visit to SA, 2009


My mom came to visit us for Twelve days this month and we had some wonderful adventures. I sewed for the first time ever, we recovered my kitchen chairs, we walked the river, toured the botanical gardens and we made some yummy meals. Here is the week in pictures . . .


The first chair was when we discovered that this was going to take a while, so many staples taken out and probably more put back in . . .
staples went flying everywhere . . . I'm still finding them . . . 
the end result turned out pretty good.
I bought a sewing machine and mom taught me about the bobbin etc and I sewed my first line ever! I may be a little over ambitious for learning new things this year. I will document my progress. 

O. P. Schnabel Park, mom with a real Texas cactus.
if you look hard you will see the deer behind her, there was about 4 of them and they didn't budge when we passed by. They were maybe 5 feet from us. This park was also where I greeted a puppy who greeted me back by peeing on my foot!
The Botanical gardens, you can see what look likes the Dharma Initiative behind us but is really gardens full of fun plants.
random art work around some walking trails . . .
not sure what they represent so we made up our own game to rationalize them.
The best part of the day was feeding some greedy, hungry ducks.
Mom spent lots of quarters because I did not have any . . . but it was fun to watch them.

No comments: