Thursday, June 19, 2008

One down six to go

It has been a year since we moved from Milwaukee to San Antonio. Looking back I am amazed at how our God has blessed us. I love our house and it really does feel like home. We have some amazing and wonderful friends whom we absolutely adore. We meet with these friends every Wednesday evening for bible study. I have always wanted this type of group and I could not have asked for a better one.  We get to watch our friends daughter grow and discover life and soon we will be able to watch another friends baby do the dame.  What a privilege! We have also found some kindred spirits who share our obsession with "The Office".  I am working on getting them hooked on "Lost".  The year has not been overly eventful but here are the highlights.
A new Mercury Mariner 
An accident with the new Mercury Mariner (not my fault and all fixed)
Finding out that if you live in San Antonio you will get in an accident and if they have insurance you are blessed (praise Jesus).
Discovering Fredericksburg
A corn maze 
J finding out that he loves skeet shooting and becoming a member of a gun club
J getting his own gun
Lots of visitors from our "home land" and we would love to have more.  
A new temp job at an environmental restoration Co. 
J discovering what he loves and hates about surgery 
Our first Christmas a way from home with lots of friends who care enough to invite us over
Spending Christmas in 80 deg weather!
Finding fellow catan lovers  
Lots of dinner and movie nights
Falling in love with the river walk
A trip to Lake Cornrow 
Finding out the temp job ended
Volunteering at the Pregnancy care center
Thanks to all of you who have welcomed us here. You are a blessing from above. To all of you at home we miss you!

1 comment:

Gardiner Family said...

I've loved getting to know you this past year. Although it seems like I've known you forever...you belong here :-)