My Favorite . . .
Hair/spa salon:
Folwans, they charge a flat rate meaning no tipping! They work off referrals. The reason I love this place is because it's an Aveda salon, you are offered a beverage of juice, organic tea, water or wine, while your hair is conditioning you receive a cucumber eye treatment and a hand and arm massage. They have a teared system for their stylist starting at $45. and it goes up from there depending on how experienced they are. I always go with the $45. one. I've never had a bad hair cut. I've had my nails and toes done here but it is expensive but worth it!
Restaurants:
La Fogata, has a fun ambiance and a great wait staff who like to challenge you on your spanish. Their food is amazing and one of the best Tex Mex meals I have had in Texas. They are way better than anything you'll get on the river walk! I highly recommend their margaritas, I prefer the mango, they are big so I also recommend getting one to share. Their trace lacha cake is awesome! This restaurant is a fav among our friends.
Pappasitos Cantina, is a loud and large restaurant where you will always wait to eat but it's worth it. I've been here three times and have had great service and yummy food every time. I highly recommend the beef fajitas. The portion for one to two is enough for two people. The beans and rice are wonderful but they are not refried. You get two kinds of salsa, green and red. Neither are too hot to eat. The tortillas are sooo good you will want more when their gone. J loved the chocolate bread pudding desert. I did not think the desert menu was that interesting except for this item.
Coco, is a great new find! Everything here has some hint of chocolate in it, from drinks to eats. The restaurant is very trendy and more on the romantic side. It would be a great place for a girls night out or a special date with the honey. The menu is small and you will spend a chunk of money but again I think it's worth it.
Paesanos on 1604, we love Italian! this is one of the best Italian restaurants we have ever been too. To put it simply they have great food. Each location vary a little on their menu. We like the one on 1604 because they have Jalapeno PESTO FAZZALETTI WITH PERONI POT ROAST, CIPOLLINI AND GOAT CHEESE. I highly recommend it and you cant go with out having the Shrimp Paesano.
Coffee:
A large cold press from Caribou will always be my favorite coffee drink but since there are not located in the south I have to settle for Starbucks. My favorite drink at the runner up coffee house is an upside down grande Caramel Maccahiato. With a toffee chocolate chunk bar. Mmmmm a perfect summer time snack.
Treats:
H.E.B. sparkling water, on a hot day I love this drink!
Sonic happy Hr drinks, so far the strawberry limeade
Strbucks ice cream
Cheap Date:
McNay Art Museum, with a military discount it's only $5. The grounds are free to get on and picnic and the building is
beautiful.
Costco food court, although it may seem lame J and I love to go shop around and have lunch here. It's super cheap and something we both like.
Rented T.V. instead of a movie, it's my new favorite thing to rent.
Free:
Movies by moonlight at HemisFair Park. Every Thursday evening starting at 8:30pm you can catch a movie outside. Pop your own popcorn or purchase some at the venders, this fun and totally free!
The Botanical Gardens has free concerts throughout the summer and we just saw Shakespeare in the park for free as well. http://www.sabot.org/
Library movies are quickly becoming one of my favorite things while J is on call. They have lots of old movies to choose from.
Aveda Points card, I am a huge fan of Aveda products and you can now sign up for a points card. I don't make many purchases but I still get all the coupons they send in the mail. at least once a year they will send one for a free sample size product. I love it!
Origins skin care will give you a one time free facial, make up "make over" and hand and arm massage to try out their products. They will also give you free samples of something you are interested in and want to see how your skin reacts. When I get service like this I always feel like I need to buy something so I did buy a cheap product. My friend bought a lot more because she fell in love with what she tried. Their products are not cheap but the experience is a fun freebee! http://www.origins.com
Best Deals:
Massage Envy, At your first visit you get a discounted rate so an hour massage will be $40. It's a stealer deal! I went to two different stores and still got the discount at both. http://www.massageenvy.com/home.aspx
Sea World season passes was our best deal of the summer so far. I thought the price was worth it for what you get. coupons and discounts throughout the park all year and all the "funness" the park provides!
Websites:
coupons and sales at all kinds of stores and websites are here in one website.
Great Christian rock/alternative music
Watch new and old T.V. shows on line for free!!!
Talk for free face to face with love ones who are far a way! This is quickly becoming my favorite way to call family and friends!
4 comments:
What a fantastic blog idea!!! Plus, it's a great sneak-peak into your world! Love it!
-Sarah
thanks sarah!
I agree! What a great idea! I might have to copy it. ;) Sounds like you've found a lot of wonderful places & fun things to do!
MidnightCafe, I would love to hear of some great finds in Minneapolis! I don't get home often but when I do I like to go to the city and visit old haunts and some new ones would be really fun!
Post a Comment