Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Heaven in 5 minutes a day





I found a cook book a long while back, and put it on my amazon wish list, called "Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A Day." My sister-in-law gave it to me for Christmas. I let it sit on my book shelf for a while because I knew I needed a few things before I could use it. This past week I finally had all the tools I needed and tried the basic recipe. The mixing of and storing of the dough was no more then a few minutes. At the books recommendation I stored the dough for a few hours before I baked the first loaf. The result was truly scrumptious. The next loaf was just as amazing, the third I tried an add in (from the book) of olives and again amazing! I'm so excited this is producing such a good product with very little effort. I highlyy recommend the book.



This is what your dough looks like. Every time you want to make a loaf you cut a 1lb portion off and put the rest back in the fridge. This made 3 loaves for me.

Then the dough has to rest for about 40 min, then slide it on to a preheated baking stone with a bit of a steam coming from a pan underneath the stone and you get . . .

Perfection!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tesha said...

Oh my gosh, that looks AWESOME, Alisha! I think I need that book!

ASK said...

you will love it! there is also a "healthy bread in 5 min a day" as well