Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My love affair with rain


For as long as I can remember I have loved the rain. As a kid I would leave out buckets to catch the rain and beg to go play. What a great mom for letting me play in the rain! I would have the best time making "soup" and pretending I lived in a forest. Then when the rain stopped my sister, mom and I would play Poo sticks out in the street and in the creek near our home. As I grew older rain became a way I connected with God. I spent many rainy walks pouring my heart out to Jesus. Rain was therapy for me, it calms me. I get giddy with every storm, even the scary ones. I cant help but see God's greatness, beauty and creativity. Ever notice how nature responds to rain? Its like a symphony. So since I live in such arid place I must relay on youtube to enjoy the allure of rain. (thus the change in blog background)
This drought Texas is in is such a vivid picture of our relationship with God. When i give my lawn just a little bit or water, bits of green pop up. signs of growth. I know i have been through arid times and just a small about of time with God makes such a hugh difference and a lot of time with God is life changing. I am praying for rain in Texas . . .

3 comments:

Dol Green said...

This is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Remember the big pool of water in the street we would play in......yeah, that was awesome.

ASK said...

it was awesome!